Monday, July 2, 2012

Red White and Blue Cowboy Birthday Card

Hi! Here's a birthday card I made for a friend's 50th birthday. The party was a western theme so I decided to use the cowboy from A Child's Year cartridge. The cowboy has little star spurs on his boots, so I went with a red, white, and blue theme. I really like the denim paper stack used for this card. The pocket was a design on the cardstock and it worked perfect to hold a gift card.

Challenges:

Bitten by the Bug 2 - Patriotic Challenge
Scrappy Moms Stamps - Terrific Tuesday Challenge Patriotic
More Than Favors Wacky Wednesday #73 - July 4th Theme
My Sheri Crafts #88 - Oh I Love America
Little Scrap Pieces Fun Friday Challenge - Use a Star
Simon Says Stamps Challenge - Sporty and or Patriotic Theme
My Craft Spot Monday Challenge #62 - July 4th Theme
Paper Playtime #78 - Red White and Blue Die Cut

Front

Inside

Envelope

Back
 Materials:

Cartridge: A Child's Year, Elegant Edges

Cardstock: DCWV - The Designer Blue Jeans Stack

Stamps: Fiskars Make a Wish (Inside), My Sentiments Exactly (back)

Other: Star punches, gel pen

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Comments welcome, I love reading them :-)



21 comments:

  1. cute cute cowboy card, thanks for joining the BBTB2 Challenge, hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card inside and out! Love the little cowboy and the pocket for the gift card! Envelope looks great too! Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2 and My Sheri Crafts!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. The detail you put into this is amazing! Thanks for linking up at BBTB2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGosh this card is just too cute! I love the papers you used, the inside of your card is just gorgeous and I love the senitment you used! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is just fabulous! My nephew lives in TX this card would be so perfect for him! I am going to "pin" this. Love that pocket and the cowboy just makes me smile. thanks for joining my challenge Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your All American little cowboy. So darn cute and the denim paper and pocket for the gift card is so perfect with this. The envelope is amazing too. Thanks for joining us for the BBTB2 Patriotic challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ADORABLE card! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrappy Moms Stamps! :)

    - Mel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I love that die cut! Thanks for joining us at My Sheri Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very cute...thanks for sharing this with us on our BBTB2 challenge.
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little cowboy. Great take on the challenge. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. How adorable is this! Love the cowboy combined with the red, white and blue color combo and your envelope is fabulous. Thanks for sharing with us at BBTB2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I absolutely love this! What a great image on the front and that pocket is just too cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it, super creative...perfection... thanks for joining us at Simon Says Challenge blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable! Fab b-day card for the theme of the party and I love the inside. Thanks for sharing with BBTB2. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the pocket and all the details! Thanks for playing with us at Paper Playtime! :) Janis P.S. I'd love you to play over at my other challenge blog, Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges, where there's a new challenge every Friday!
    http://pausedreamenjoychallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card for your friend. I sure do like that pocket inside with the gift card. Perfect!

    Stay Creative,
    Georgiana
    Carson's Creations

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh this is a great card insie and out and Ilove the envelope too! Thanks so much for joining us at BBTB2
    Juliex

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this little cowboy and your envelope is AWESOME! I hope you stop by the challenge at www.thecricutchirp.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw, cute! I love him : ). Thanks for sharing your creativity with us at BBTB2!

    -Rebekah

    ReplyDelete
  20. such a fine work! but i didn't find anything regarding Plastic Cards and plastic cards printing it would be very helpful if you add something for it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. what a fabulous idea!!! I need to keep this idea in mind for when we send out my parents' surprise anniversary invitations :)

    ReplyDelete